Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm broken

Promises are made to be broken.

She promised me that she'll tag me along in the party. She swore that if I do great and we do win especially, I'll be able to greet the birthday boy personally.

She was serious last night. I really felt it as I looked straight in her eyes. She wasn't even smiling and her voice-- it was deep and very determined.

I, on the other hand, least care with what's on today. I would have given my best regardless of the invitation. All the same, I rode with her bribery and in pretense, played as if I'll give my whole body and soul just to win the game and be in the party. I jumped and screamed as she made her promise just to give myself a renewed energy, partly excited with the thought; that time, I knew then that our manager would need to prepare his credit card for later's dinner.

It was only a matter of time before the whistle blew to announce our victory. After this, everyone was in cloud 9 and the invitation was never mentioned for the rest of the night.

As I said, I least cared if I see him or not today. I played and won because I want to do it. If I do see him, it will be just an icing in a cake. So I came prettier than normal today. Proactive thinker and realist, that's me.

And very trusting.

Today, I didn't see him. I went home with a heavy heart. I should have known that her promise was just a gimmick.

Yes, I was invited but the circumstances were not on my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home