Monday, November 05, 2007

a special treat

This post calls for a special treatment since this is my 100th. O di ba, ang saya, nakaka-isang daan na ako since my first mukmok...


And what's more special than dedicating this special post to a very special person in this world..



ALL THE MOMS IN THE WORLD. Your mom, my Nanay.






"I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you'll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn't.


I was inspired by Mitch Albom's For One More Day.


To give you a bird's eye-view of the book, here is what James McBride shares (got it from the back of the book): "If you had the chance, just one chance, to go back and fix what you did wrong in life, would you take it? And if you did, would you big enough to stand it? ... For One More Day will make you smile. It will make wistful. It will make you blink back tears of nostalgia. But most of all, it will make you believe in the eternal power of a mother's love."



Hehe, ang tamad no? Well, this is not a book review after all kaya walang pakialaman... ~~,




So, how close are you with your mom? How is your relationship with your mom?


I'll share you stories how I feel for my Nanay.



When my younger sister was born, I was four years old then, my Lolo took me to the province so Nanay will not have take care of me too and she will just have my sister to focus on. And so she can rest as well. On my first night, everybody in my Lolo's house didn't have a good night sleep. I kept on crying the whole night looking for my Nanay. I swear, the noise of my nose blowing and searching turned my angelic Ninang to a horrible beast.

On my early highschool years, my Nanay was diagnosed to have a not-so-benign cyst so she was confined and had to undergo several treatments. I remember well that it was Holy week time and while my brother and sisters were sent to our grandparents, I stayed in the hospital, with my Nanay. I run errands for her, keep her company, taga-abot ng bed pan... I endured the freezing airconditioning of her room just to be on her side.

You see, I was an achiever during my school years and I was always included in my school's recognition ceremonies. So as my Nanay. She never failed to attend these ceremonies. And so I cried discreetly (discreetly enough for the crowd to notice how red my eyes are and how my nose won't stop running) when on this one particular year she came late and I was called even before she arrives. My Kuya went up with me on the stage instead.

One of my favorite days in this world was when Nanay and I went to Visayas. Just the two of us. It was my first time to go there (I'm obsessed with travelling to places that are not in Luzon) and it was also then when I rode the plane all by myself (the flight attendants then were really cute! Nakatatak na sa utak ko yun). We've been to Iloilo, Bacolod and Guimaras on that particular trip. We talked under the beautiful moon and in front us is the serene and lovely sea of Guimaras. We ate genuine Chicken Bacolod, La Paz Batchoy, and Guimaras mangoes. We rode their jeepneys and said "lugar lang" to signal the driver we're going down. Everything was so memorable! And being with my Nanay made it all special... sa dami naming magkakapatid, minsan ko lang ma-solo Nanay ko.

Few years ago, my Nanay had something really bad to deal with. The sensitivity of the issue made me her only confidante. And I'm really glad she did. Though I'd rather not hear the gory details (seriously), I endured these and tried to be the best PWET she can have (aka labasan ng sama ng loob). Basta para sa kanya, I can bear it all. At syet, my Nanay doesn't deserve what she had experienced! When my Nanay cried at me sa phone (I was in Makati then while she was in Lucena), umiyak din ako--hagulgol pa. She asked me why I'm crying and I said "Kaw kasi e, umiiyak ka... wag ka na umiyak Nanay." I can't stand to see my Nanay suffering. Saktan na nila ako, wag lang Nanay ko...



Sadly, there are still people who take their mothers for granted. They'll only appreciate their mothers once they're gone. I may not understand why they are like that (maybe I'm very fortunate for God blessed me the greatest mother one can have) but I hope that while it is not yet too late, they'd show their mothers the love they need, the respect and care they rightfully deserve. Damn those people who leave their parents in the care of "home for the aged"... those who swear at dinadamay pa mga Nanay. (Sensitive talaga ako pag may Nanay nang involved.)


Saludo ako sayo Nanay. Words are not enough...actually, this blog is not enough to tell you how grateful I am to have you... love you Nanay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home