Sunday, April 08, 2007

what i can contribute

Elections is coming and sadly, I wouldn't have any part on it. I am not registered; I tried but our city's COMELEC asked me for something only a die hard voter will agree to. And I am not. I can live without voting. You don't expect me to be up my bed even before the sun shines up and be in their office around 5 am, do you?

Over my dead sexy body.

Kidding aside, though I can live without voting, I feel inadequate if I don't have anything to do with this National event. It hurts my individuality. Hehe!

The GMA 7's special awareness campaign, the Isa Kong Boto advertisement, calls Filipinos to be vigilant with their right and vote their heart out for the nation's commonwealth, for everybody's welfare and not only for the few. It's distressing to see the real condition of our lives in between our favorite TV shows, that while I'm watching comfortably in our sala there are innocent people who are crying for justice, disabled and unfortunate but righteous persons who are working their backs real low. The ironies of life... sigh. The advertisement touched me severely and so I reflected on what I can contribute, at least, for this call of unity.

I'm in the edge of my CPA Board exam review (days are now numbered) and while I don't believe that this exam is the most important thing in my life as of the moment, I can't help but feel this way as this will dictate the life I will lead for the next six months. After four years of studying Accountancy, I feel that I'm still incompetent in several areas of it and that is enough to make me indifferent with this national event. Every minute counts. So many things to do, so little time.

After so much serious thinking and weighing, I came up with this:

I WILL PASS THE BOARD EXAM,
BE A PROFESSIONAL GUIDED BY INTEGRITY AND IDEALISM.
I WILL BE ONE OF THOSE SELFLESS FILIPINOS
WHO WILL WORK HARD FOR OUR NATION'S ADVANCEMENT.
While I cannot exercise my right of suffrage today, I will use this day to study and fulfill what I am bound to do as a potential and soon work my way out until these visions materialize and my ancestors proud of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home